Tuesday, August 11, 2009

B/X Companion Update: One Chapter Complete


Finished all the writing for Part 4: Spells tonight for my B/X Companion project.  I'd love to share it with y'all, but I'm afraid it might seem anti-climactic in some regards (yes, Charm Plants is still there...so is Resurrection)...and right now I am both wiped out and too elated with the progress to field any criticism.  Time enough for THAT when I've got the dominion rules nailed down.

[speaking of which, I keep a close eye on what Patrick's doing over at Ode to Black Dougal...he is my main inspiration for this blog after all, and I can't help but think I'm going to have to use his FAVORITE B/X sub-system as a major part of the dominion rules...Pat, I'm sure will guess what I'm talking about. For the rest of y'all: stay tuned!]

Anyway, double-columned the spell chapter is still almost 10 pages long. Considering the Cook Expert set is only 8 PLUS illustrations, I may be in need of a ton of trimming. I can't be cramming so many monsters and magic and treasure goodies into this thing that I cut out the other essentials!

I WILL bring it in at 64 pages!  This is a firm goal!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, just do what (dumb) college students do: Change the font size!

    No one will notice...

    Hah! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I still want it to be COMFORTABLY legible.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing the completed work.

    ReplyDelete