Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I am SUCH an idiot!


Johnny Zed is written by John G. Betancourt, NOT Gibson.

I realize I may be completely shooting any literary cred I have left (shit), but I don't think I've read ANY Gibson...well, any of his cyberpunk stuff (I'm a big fan of The Difference Engine). Now, I've TOTALLY got to finish Neuromancer, or I'll look like a REAL punk!

[and, no, Shelly Tracer does NOT use a sliver gun...she carries a custom .38 or "medium pistol" as I'd call it in my game]

Ugh...more responsibilities. And me with only four hours of sleep (again).

Regarding - progress report: close to three more pages written so far today. It's hard for me to focus on WORK work when I'm tired, but the fantasy stuff just seems to flow from my consciousness.

4 comments:

  1. Get some sleep. Tomorrow, after you are rested, you will read your new pages and find 2 of the 3 to be imisab;e/ . ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. medium pistol?

    Very evocative...

    Frankly, I would rather see a big chart of specific weapons even if many had identical characteristics than 'medium pistol'.

    But I'm not here to argue with you, so...

    Yes, you are SUCH an idiot!

    Happy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gibson wrote a short called "Johnny Mnemonic" that is set in the same universe as NEUROMANCER and its sequels. Avoid the film, if you haven't been subjected to it already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Greg: Too late, I'm afraid!
    ; )

    ReplyDelete