Sunday, March 20, 2011

But really, who cares about HOT ELF CHICKS...


...when one can have totally badass orc girls, instead. Also with guns, of course!

[for troll chicks, you'll have to check out Ron Edwards' Trollbabe game. Sorry]

In all seriousness, I found this pic floating around the internet, and was totally inspired. Does anyone know where this illustration originated? And the artist behind it? Maybe it's from Shadowrun 4? I'm just curious, 'cause I think it's a great, dynamic piece. I'd read a comic book about that character.

Hell, I'm inspired to write up a character for her in my own game. Let's see:
  • A few random rolls: 10, 13, 9, 14, 6, 15.
  • Choose priorities: Abilities (A), Resources (B), Skills (C), Metatype (D)
  • Add it all up.

Handle: Show (as in "Showboat" or "the Big Show")
Alignment: Professional
Level: 1

STR: 14 (16)
INT: 16
WIL: 13
DEX: 18 (19)
CON: 10
CHA: 18 (11.6)

IB: 17 (18)
SPD: 55 (Strong)
HPs: 14
Skills: Combat 1, Stealth 1, Military 1

Cybernetics: Custom Wired Reflexes 2, Custom Muscle Enhancement 1

Gear: Armor clothing, 2 medium pistols (both with fire modification), 200 rounds of ammo, flash grenades (4), grapple gun, commlink, combat drugs (1 dose), boosters (4 doses), survival kit, shuriken (4), road hog bike, High lifestyle (1 month), 1050 cr

Combat Stats:
Defensive Class: 4
Shock: 13
Initiative: +5+2D6
THDC0: 16 (pistol/shuriken), 15 (pistol, burst), 16 (unarmed)


5 comments:

  1. It's from the latest version of Shadowrun, but I can't tell you more than that, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Troll: Thanks! I'll do a little more research this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shadowrun 4th edition, she's a pregenerated character. She's a Gunslinger Adept, with the following profile:

    http://img856.imageshack.us/i/scan0001h.jpg/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Dusk: HA! That's crazy, 'cause I almost used my own "gunslinger" (physical adept) archetype for my write-up...then decided at the last sec I preferred her a bit more...um...mundane.

    I've got 36 archetypes I've developed for my game and here I thought "gunslinger" was an original sounding title. Guess that shows me!

    Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a few too many people enjoy duel-wielding pistols, or at least ripping off western movies, for "gunslinger" to be original anymore. =P

    I remember quite liking this character when I went through the 4th edition book originally, unfortunately I've long since gone-off the shadowrun rules (terrible book layout didn't help- character generation took hours and 2/3rds of that was just equipment shopping) and the setting never grabbed me enough for me to run it using something else.

    ReplyDelete