Friday, August 4, 2017

RPGaDAY 2017 #4

From the #RPGaDAY2017 challenge (info here):

[as I'm starting this thing a little late, I shall be doubling up on my daily posts until I catch up. Early posts will be post-dated to the date they were originally supposed to appear]

Which RPG have you played the most since August 2016?

Which game have I played the most? Is that a trick question?

I just got back from Paraguay in August of 2016.  Paraguay, in case you didn't know, is a gaming desert. There is no gaming in Paraguay. There's soccer. There's beef. There's poverty. There's a certain lackadaisical attitude towards sexual mores. There's good wine and fairly terrible beer. But gaming? No.

Since I got back I have spent most of my time as a "single parent;" my wife is out of the country two to three weeks out of every month. My evenings are not free for gaming as I have two small children for whom I am responsible. When my wife is in town, she wants my evenings. So gaming? No, not really.

I did play a modified version of Swords & Wizardry with GusL from Dungeon of Signs a couple weeks back. This was over the internet. My six year old would really like to play D&D, but his reading, writing, and comprehension skills aren't quite up to it. Probably in another year or so.

I had planned on going to the Dragonflight this year, but unfortunately a trip we had scheduled had to be changed due to the current heat wave in Montana (ah, yes, global warming strikes), so unfortunately I will be in Missoula the weekend of the convention.

Maybe next year will see some gaming. The last twelve months...hell, the last four years...have been a bit of a crap sandwich in this regard.

[sorry...really can't find anything positive to say on this subject. Maybe that GusL runs a swell game]

No comments:

Post a Comment