Friday, August 11, 2017

RPGaDAY 2017 #11

From the #RPGaDAY2017 challenge (info here):

[as I'm starting this thing a little late, I shall be doubling up on my daily posts until I catch up. Early posts will be post-dated to the date they were originally supposed to appear]

Which 'dead game' would you like to see reborn?

This is an easy one, and I'll keep this short since it's nearly August 12th as I write this.

Twilight 2000 is a game I've written about in the past. It's quite well done, and as far as "speculative fiction," well...come one, folks. It's not that hard to imagine similar scenarios given our current political climate.

All it needs is a little update...call it Twilight 2019. Put together some stats for our currently military gear, vehicles, drones, etc. Update the tech and unit types for our potential enemigos. And bam...instant revival.

Wouldn't even change the (first edition) rules as written. Just bring it back to life. I'd play it.


2 comments:

  1. Already created..Twilight 2013 was made in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Ebon:

      Unfortunately, that one's a "dead" game, too. 93 Games Studio went out of business in 2010. Also, from my understanding, their edition had a different focus and setting than the original (and its "revised" edition).

      Delete