Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sad, Sad, Sad

I'm sure most folks have already read James Mishler's excellent and enlightening post over at Adeventures in Gaming by this time. I mean it's all of four hours old and referenced on Grognardia so how could you have missed it?

It’s always good to know where you stand.

I find this kind of info immensely useful myself, as much a roadmap of where I’m going (as a potential designer/publisher) as a hammering home of the cold hard facts.

I posted a couple days ago that I want to be of service to the hobby; that I believe in gaming as a form of artistic expression. Maybe I’M a chump though. Certainly I have prioritized my own writing and gaming rather low on the totem pole. Case in point: last night I skipped on the chance to continue my B/X campaign with my wife in order to watch two films (well, one and a half, actually) that I’d already seen. Not very dedicated of me…plus, I lose the chance to post more actual play reports that blog readers might enjoy!

However, it wasn’t a total loss. The re-screening did pop several new ideas regarding game design into my brain; so much so that I had a hard time getting to sleep last night (this was a BAD thing as I needed to rise and shine at 5:50 and I am still groggy). Anyway, I need to get some notes down on paper today…and for certain I will be considering Mr. Mishler’s information and the commentary posted to his blog.

Maybe I need to start up a second blog simply for design notes? Nah….

No comments:

Post a Comment