Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Lucas Sells Star Wars...to Disney!


I don't post a lot of news on my blog, but as I was considering yet another Star Wars-type post today anyway (actually, I was going to discuss Bezio's X-Plorers), I might as preempt my normal musings with this bit of topical whatnot.

George Lucas has sold Lucasfilm Ltd. (including, presumably, all rights to the Star Wars franchise) to Disney, for more than $4 billion dollars in cash and stock. Wow.

Not only that, they've announced they're doing a seventh movie. Double-wow-holy-shit.

You folks have to consider that for most of the weekend I spent every free moment reading Kaminski's Secret History of Star Wars to get an idea of the loop-de-loop my brain is doing at the moment. But I'll get into that more later (hopefully).

Right now, I need to get back to work. And mental decompression.

3 comments:

  1. I just read him saying, "It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers." He should have done that before making the prequels. That is, getting some folks that know how to make a film instead of a cgi production.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen.

    I think Lucas really is a visionary when it comes to ideas and moviemaking technologies and processes. He's also pretty darn good at directing action. But he seems to lack the passion he had when he was starting. And he is not a great writer- or a director of actors.

    I am actually pretty optimisic about this move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o1eTJhFP9k

    ReplyDelete