Tuesday, April 19, 2011

More Forum Sales...and Assorted Updates

Just waiting for my turn to feed the baby...thought I'd paste up a quick post.

Guy over at Dragonsfoot got a copy of my book in the mail and is enjoying it so far. Good thing he ordered it prior to the negative posters telling him it was a waste of money! Got a couple new orders today, so that's neat-o.

Work on the new book progresses. I've got several regular Baranof players working on interior artwork (yes, they are officially committed...sorry, guys). I told Josh that if he'll finish one of his pictures I'll throw it up on Ye Old Blog as a teaser. I think that probably made him MORE self-conscious.

The writing's going well, but it's looking a lot bigger than I'd originally hoped/planned. This one was supposed to be shorter and cheaper than the B/X Companion...it IS just a book of goodies after all. However, the spell lists are only half done...well, more like two-fifths...and just by themselves, they're nine pages so far. That's a crap-load of text...and that's with writing spells that say, "this is just like the 3rd level cleric spell of the same name." Filler, right? But there's a ton of new spells, too...really cool ones (in my opinion) and none of 'em can

[all right feeding begun...AND complete]

NONE of 'em can get left on the cutting room floor. "Numerical completeness" and all that.

I like symmetry...what can I say?

The issue might be...just might mind you...the whole "completeness" notion. After all, these are characters with their spell lists set from levels 1 to 36...or from 1 to 9 in the case of the single demihuman caster class. After all, I don't want to have to do a "companion" book for this supplement.

But it sure is a lot of spells.

In fact, I should try to knock out a few more tonight before I turn in (yeah, right). I'll check back with y'all later...like tomorrow.

Hasta manana!
; )

2 comments:

  1. I have chosen you to receive the Stylish Blogger Award. The details can be found here- http://swkhakhan.blogspot.com/2011/04/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought your book was really good. I have all of my D&D stuff in order on my shelf, for the most part the OSR stuff is on another shelf. Your book actually sits right after the Moldvay/Cook Boxes and right before the Mentzer sets. The only other OSR books I put in with the TSR stuff are Carcosa and Majestic Wilderlands. In fact my only complaint is that it doesn't quite fit into the Expert Rules box

    ReplyDelete