Saturday, October 8, 2011

My Phone Is Smarter Than Me


I broke my old flip phone in half yesterday (arrgh!), and so today picked up an iPhone 3 (free when you sign up for the contract). I spent at least an hour at the Mac store making the sales rep explain the damn thing to me since I didn't have the faintest clue how to even turn in on-or-off.

Right now, I know enough to be utterly distracted by the thing in free moments of time. If I can figure out how to blog with it though, you folks might see more regular posts from me.

[at least now I can check my email 24/7...THAT's something]

Anyone know an app where I can just voice transcribe text? My fingers are a little fat for these keys.

9 comments:

  1. Trick with the keys/fat fingers is just to blindly stab in the centre of the key. You don't need to stay within the lines like it's a colouring-in book. Think about it like the phone triangulates the centre of your finger and then it decides that's where you tapped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a free Blogger app from the app store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can try Dragon Dictation. It has fairly good recognition, but you'll probably still need to do a little editing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, you got what my father calls a "smart alec" phone. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too was going to say Dragon. As a free app, the price is right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ended up buying an ipad/iphone stylus. It cost too much and I frequently misplace it, but it makes typing on that tiny screen much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can also connect a bluetooth keyboard... they make some fairly slim folding ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The trick is not to try and peck at the keys, but to slide your finger over them, and release when you see the letter you want pop up.

    ReplyDelete