Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Tuesday Night Musings

Man, I started TWO (2) posts today, on different subjects, and posted neither. Sheesh.

Writing about D&D is not nearly as much fun as playing D&D...and I just haven't had the time to do much of that lately. It's tough that there aren't enough hours in the day to do ALL the things we'd like to do...but we all have priorities. Pick and choose, pick and choose. *sigh* It is what it is.

What I need is a weekly game. Unfortunately, with my ever-shifting schedule, that's a tough ask. 

It. Just. Is.

*sigh* (again)

I almost posted another Blood Bowl post yesterday (Monday). Man O Man. Did people watch the Niners dominate the Seahawks? Sure, the orks kept it close (for a while), but the dwarves still piled up more than 500 yards of offense. Dwarves! That is what happens when you don't tackle. When you pay too much money for goblins.

Mm. I'll be at the game versus the Eagles on Monday.  Taking the daughter. Only fitting as Philly is her favorite type of BB team (Chaos Renegade). Fingers crossed that their defense sucks worse than ours.

[Drew Lock wasn't bad. He's just another ork thrower]

Ugh. I want to play some D&D. World building is fun, adventure writing is fun. But it's not the same as playing. It's a step up from blogging or chatting on social media. But it's not the same as playing. Playing puts into practice, into action all the things you work on as a DM. The perpetual campaign is is an electric curent, always running in the background; playing is PLUGGING IN to that current. Playing is watching the lights come on.

In better news: the dishwasher got fixed, finally (only took 32 days). Kids are out of school Friday. Got most of my Christmas shopping done. Got the gutter cleaners scheduled. Soccer season is over till the New Year after Thursday (still have basketball). Things are clearing up; schedule is opening.

[still need to find time to get to the dentist]

Gaming is coming. Soon. It'll be kid gaming (I've got five lined up to play, soon as school's out) with possibly one or more adult "uncles" showing up. We'll see. That'll be fun. But I need regular gaming, too. Not just holiday one-offs. 

Ah, well. Better than no gaming.

Okay, I'm tired. Good night!


5 comments:

  1. I started up an online game in late October as a Halloween one shot (as in one adventure not one session) figured it would go 6 sessions. I'm almost done and now I don't want to stop even though I hate online play.

    I forgot how much I miss it and seeing the growth of the campaign through play.

    Hawks need a win. Eagles need a win. Should be a fun Monday night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm predicting cold, rain, and misery.
      ; )

      Delete
    2. I sold my tickets before it moved to Monday night. I needed some holiday cash. Now I am kicking myself because I love late games at home.

      Delete
    3. Mm. I can never bring myself to sell tickets. Always afraid someone from the opposition will show up in my seats (and I wouldn't want that on my conscience).

      Delete
    4. Crossing my fingers that I dont show up at the pearly gates and St Peter is wearing a "Beast Quake" shirt and I have to answer for why I chose money over support of my team.


      Delete