Thursday, November 24, 2022

Giving Thanks

A few minutes here. Not enough to write anything major.

I have a lot to be thankful for. Too many things to list, even if I had the time. It's been a lovely week. The in-laws in town, the kids home from school. the wife off work...and no need to travel anywhere. Just chilling at home. Some people prefer to lie on a beach to reduce stress...I prefer to lie on my couch.

I hope that whoever you are reading this, wherever you are reading this...I hope that you are able to find your own pile of blessings to be thankful for. Whatever they are...even if it's just a chance to put your feet up for a few minutes and watch a football (or futbol) game. Take a moment, take a few deep breaths, and be glad that you can.

There's always something. But my fervent wish, hope, and prayer is that whatever your stress and anxiety and fears are that haunt you this holiday season...whatever negativity might be lurking in your mind...I hope you find a way and means to reduce it. And by doing so, increase your enjoyment of life. 

That's it. Have a happy one.
: )

5 comments:

  1. Hey, cool words. Have a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I give thanks that my thanksgiving is in October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do Canadians have a different reason for Thanksgiving?

      Delete
  3. "Canadian" thanksgiving was apparently celebrated generally in October going back to 1879, probably according to traditions observed by independent villages. Canada, even into the time of WW2, has a highly isolated geography. It was made official on Jan 31, 1957, when Governor General of Canada Vincent Massey issued a proclamation that it would be celebrated the 2nd Monday in October.

    As an aside, Vincent was Raymond Massey's brother; Raymond Massey was a famous actor for a time, and is best known for playing brother Jonathan in the movie Arsenic and Old Lace. I also very much like him in the movie The 49th Parallel.

    It makes sense for Canada to have an earlier Thanksgiving. Our weather in late November is pure frigid. The last crops have been off the fields for a month or more. I've been hunting in Nov-Dec, around this time, but it's a brutally cold activity, only for diehard true believers.

    Plus, it puts another month between turkey dinners.

    ReplyDelete