Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Plans Change

Turns out my in-laws (who have been staying with us since June 17th) will be staying longer...till August, in fact. Which is fine (we all get along well) and generally fun (especially for the kids), though it means the diet, etc. will all be put on hold for another ten days (pretty hard to quit drinking the beer when they want to tour the local breweries...of which there are many 'round these parts). 

The reason they're staying isn't quite as fine or fun, however: my wife's brother and his family and in-laws have all contracted the COVID. Which is, frankly, horrific and tragically, tragically stupid (most of them, including his wife's aged parents had the chance to get vaccinated, and passed for...reasons). But there's a lot of stupid in Mexico (just as there is up here)...difference is, our government, provides a lot more infrastructure and support for folks (not enough but, hey, people hate paying taxes, right? Plus we have to fund this freedom-saving war machine of ours...) that Mexico simply can't...or won't...provide.

So, we'll see what happens. In the meantime, we're keeping my wife's parents here while my brother-in-law disinfects their house (that he and his wife were watching). *sigh* 

Now, if y'all will excuse me, I'm going to work on my submission for Prince's "No ArtPunk" adventure contest. The thing is due by the end of August and I've still got a lot of writing to do (not to mention drawing the map). I was just thinking about it this morning while brewing coffee and have decided I probably need more half-orcs than originally anticipated...at least two more. Can half-orc assassins be disguised as elven captives? Does that really make sense (i.e. would it fool anyone?)? I guess, by the PHB rules it should...even if they were disguised as elf maiden clerics individual PCs would only have an 8% chance to see through the deception. And if they're female half-orcs, why, that chance drops to 6%. Mm. Who needs dopplegangers in a world of Faceless Men?

Later, gators.

6 comments:

  1. On a deadline and feeling stressed... and you need two more half-orcs. Well on the bright side, that's equivalent to one regular orc! So, just one orc to go! feel better now? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had symptoms six times in the last year and a half without leaving the house because my neighbours enjoy partying in pandemics, and its airbourne at over ten metres thanks to UV hardening off the cruise ships and whoever sold them on UV sterilization and am enjoying reduced lung capacity which makes it hard to dig tree stumps out of the damn yard or put up a new door because the old one rotted.
    I havnt gone near a hospital because going places and infecting others is something idiots do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent to hear you are still going strong. Looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. "Going strong" might not be the phrase I'd use regarding my adventure writing. In fact, I was thinking of backing off my current concept for something a bit less ambitious.

      *sigh* Once again, you throw the gauntlet in my face...

      Delete