Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Divergent Paths

Apologies. I think I mentioned my busy summer? Welp, I am currently sitting on a couch in Paraguay (yes, that Paraguay), and so "empty of plate" that perhaps I can finally, finally get around to a blog post. It's been a spell.

[I'm only here for a week, so I'd best get to it]

This post is one I've had on my mind for a few weeks now.

I've written in the past (more than once, I'm sure) that "there's more than one way to play D&D." But folks inferring some sort of non-judgmental, egalitarian declaration should note that I'm NOT saying there exists more than one RIGHT way to play D&D. Truth is, I secretly believe that many of the multiple ways in which folks run the game of D&D are wrong, some of them dead wrong.

However, that's not what I want to discuss/debate at the moment. Rather, I wanted to talk about three products I recently acquired that illustrate distinct styles of campaign a DM can run. Yes, the style can inform the manner in which D&D is played, and it often does. But...well, let me just write about it.

*ahem* But in a bit. More apologies: it appears I do not have the time to blog that I thought I did. Sorry. I'm going to post this as a placeholder, because if I don't it will become yet another half-written draft waiting for that magical day I "get around to finishing it." Sorry for the tease.

4 comments:

  1. And here I was all excited that you finally posted something! Thanks "Captain Placeholder"! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Everyone:

    Sorry about the tease, folks. The first post is now up.

    ReplyDelete