Thursday, February 1, 2018

The "Guide"

So I'm working on my Tolkien setting material for B/X and it's fairly loooooooong (as is usual for these types of things), and I'm wondering if folks have any preference as to how I present it. My original thought was to do something like one post per chapter...but many chapters could probably be multiple posts (and they'd still be long).

What do people prefer to read? I mean, I am going to post it in installments -- and the plan is to "string it out," rather than just spam a bunch of posts on the blog. Do you want bite-size chunks? Or 5000 word dollops of info? Keep in mind this will be coming in a "wall of text" format, not an actual layout like an actual supplement book would have.

Let me know.
; )

10 comments:

  1. Any way you want it JB, just happy to see you posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you do the 5000 word drop then I would have a much better chance of reading it in a PDF. If you do smaller entries, blog posts a good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My plan is to compile a PDF document at the END of the series. The posts are something to “wet your whistle” (and give readers something to peruse).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bite sized allows for better ingestion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fewer words. We've read the silmarilian. What are your mechanics?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mix it up. Have the post meet the topic at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another vote for bite-sized blog posts here. It's how the Initiative One exploration of the implied setting in OD&D caught me up, and then, of course, he put the posts together as a handy PDF.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mechanics. Rules. Specific details so we can mine for nuggets and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete