Monday, April 24, 2017

Some Folks Have Been Working...

...I'm just not one of them.

But someone who IS working, is Alexis Smolensk, over at The Tao of D&D. A little more than a year ago, Alexis solicited "jumpstart" funds to help support him while he completed his new novel, The Fifth Man. While the book has not yet materialized, I can indeed confirm that the novel exists, as Alexis has provided me with access to the most recent drafts (it's in its third).

Not that I was worried...writing is what Alexis does (well, in addition to D&D world-building); it's his vocation, unlike the hobby blogger (example one: me). But he was worried...worried he might be losing credibility with the folks who had ponied up money in support of his work. Plenty of people have been burned in internet crowd-funding projects the last few years.

So that's why he allowed me to see the book. I'm not going to offer any critique or review of it at the moment, as it's possible it may change during the editing process...and, anyway, that's not what Alexis wanted me to do. But I can confirm that the novel exists and Alexis is working to make it ready for publication. It's just taking longer than anticipated, as is so often the case with creative works (especially those held to a meticulous standard).

I will post further updates if/as I receive them.

1 comment: