Thursday, August 4, 2011

"Keep your seat, Trash."

Just finished watching True Grit for the 2nd time and, man, again what a great film. My wife ordered it on Netflix back when my mother-in-law was still in town (a couple months back) which goes to show we have nearly as little time to watch movies in the house as we do in the theaters.

[which reminds me, I still haven't written about Captain America yet...soon, soon!]

My internet continues to suck at home, and I just don't have the time or energy to spend going through the tech support hoops that I've already done half a dozen times before. F 'em. Right now, I'm using my wife's laptop with one of those portable wi-fi doohickies, but I hate her computer nearly as much as I hate my internet provider so I don't plan on spending too much time blogging. Plus, I need to sleep SOME time.

In fact, I'm going to go to bed. All I really wanted to say was that watching Western films (any Western, though especially good Westerns!) always puts me in the frame of mind to play Boot Hill. One of these days, I'll get around to writing up a nice, little one-off scenario and me and the Mox Boys can get down to shooting each other.

One of these days.

Right now, I've got one more grand adventure to finish up for the B/X campaign (that's later this evening, i.e. Thursday night), and then I'll be taking at least a week off from GMing, which means I can worry about nothing besides showing up at the table and drinking (while waiting to roll dice). Man...it's going to be like a mini-vacation!
; )

On a more serious note, I see that I have finally cracked 320 followers, making me officially a SAGE of the Old School and not simply a "pundit." Truly righteous...thank you to all the folks that continue to read the blog after all these posts (what? I passed 1000 posts without doing something special for the occasion?! Ugh!!).

All right, NOW I'm hitting the hay.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched RIO CONCHOS last week (because it has Richard HAVE GUN - WILL TRAVEL Boone in it), and recommend it, if you haven't seen it already. It's somewhat newly out on DVD for the first time, packaged as a double feature with the blaxploighetti western TAKE A HARD RIDE. I haven't watched that one yet, but I predict I'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh! I Haven't heard of that one, but I spent a whole summer as a kid watching daily reruns of Have Gun Will Travel...along with The Rifleman and Bonanza.

    We will totally get another Boot Hill game going one of these days!
    : )

    ReplyDelete