Eh. Who am I kidding...the writing was on the wall with the M's months ago.
Meanwhile, football has been in the air for a while. The fam broke out the Blood Bowl sometime in July. Ten teams...wood elves, goblins, dwarves, halflings, Amazon, skaven, and a pair each of human and ork...took the field for the 2026 Blood Bowl World Cup, yet despite many games being played we never made it farther than the quarter-finals. Ours i a busy household and it was time to finally pack things up with the advent of actual fall sports. Besides, everyone was a little tired of getting spanked by Diego's wood elves...
Tonight, however, we move onto ACTUAL Blood Bowl. While the wife left town this morning on a jet plane (work), the kids and I shall be attending the Seahawks home opener, a rematch of last year's Super Bowl in which the orks throttled the dark elves. Glorious for the greenskin fans, not so much for the proud (if eternally underhanded) dark elves. Note their coach's later attempt at self-immolation! Dark magic is naught to be trifled with!
ANYway...tonight will be the actual test of how the off-season went for both teams, and we will prove, once and for all, if an ork blitzer is just an ork is just an ork, when the 'Hawks take the field withOUT Super Bowl MVP, Kenneth Walker III. To be honest, I actually preferred ol' Zach Charbs (flashy moves are great, but don't you want someone who can punch in the TDs), but he'll be unavailable till Week 5 (*sigh*...stupid injuries) and we'll be left to see how Jadarian Price can just 'plug-n-play.' At 5'11", 209#, Price isn't quite as big as Charbonnet (and positively TINY compared to fullback Robbie Ouzts), but we're looking for gumption in our running backs. A certain orkish tenacity. Because, much as we love our red-bearded slinger-of-stone, we don't want to put EVERYthing on Sam Darnold's arm.
They're going to come out throwing, aren't they? (*sigh*)
Never mind, it will all be good fun, and a nice break before the rest of the week (I'm coaching soccer practice Thursday, soccer practice Friday, and then our first soccer match Saturday...and I've just been informed than my star Beckenbauer-like sweeper will be out this weekend. Ugh!). And I'm feeling rather chipper. Because I finished penning my tournament adventure for the '26 Cauldron convention and got it out in the (e-)mail to the prospective DMs yestereve. Now THAT's a load off my plate!
Now I just have to finish the other two (or three) adventures I plan on running at the con.
Later gators...I'm about to cook up some liver and onions. Orks have to eat!
No comments:
Post a Comment